MILWAUKEE — The winner of the Marcus cookie contest is Mary Lamb of Waukesha and her Dark Chocolate-Caramel Sea Salt Dreams.
Pfister Executive Chef Brian Frakes demonstrated Wednesday morning on the CBS 58 Morning News. Here is the recipe:
Dark Chocolate-Caramel Sea Salt Dreams
• 1 cup unsalted butter
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
• 2 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 2/3 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 cup cut up soft caramels
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Coarse or flaked sea salt
1. Line baking sheets with parchment.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
4. Add white and brown sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, cialis one at a time, beating between each addition.
6. Beat in vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
7. Mix well.
8. Stir unto butter mixture until well blended.
9. Stir in the caramels and dark chocolate chips.
10. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment.
11. Slightly flatten each cookie, then sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
12. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just set.
13. Slightly cook on baking sheet before moving to wire rack to cool completely.